Saturday, December 16, 2006

If these walls could talk...

How on earth do you finally decide on paint colors? And when do you decide whether to wallpaper or not? While these questions have raged through my mind in the past, I've realized that this all can be done, and redone, and then done again for years to come. The chances of getting it "spot on" in the first place are remote.

Even with this realization, I'm sort of bored with only having these two options (being paint and wallpaper) available for walls. In a perfect world, I would like to do a few funky things in the guest rooms. Creative painting seemed to be about the only option that appealed to me...that is until I stumbled upon Blik.

Blik is a line of surface graphics that you can purchase in many different shapes, sizes and colors. Yes, they are removable adhesives that can go on walls, doors, windows, etc. I'm pretty taken with the Iron Vines decal noted to the left. To me, it evokes a Moroccan and edgy-vintage feel all at the same time.

The best part? The cost! At a price of $60 for nine decals, it would seem that you could add a lot to a room with minimal outlay. And for an extra $10, they will even customize colors for you. Fantastic!

I'm sure that some are out there wondering "why not wallpaper?" To be honest, I'm not sure why. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that there is a bit of creative input into the placement of the decals. So what do you think...are these walls that talk?

No comments: