Saturday, December 2, 2006

Cool Decking Material

A funny background for you all...

When we first started planning the house (yes, all the way back in early 2004), I was an absolute maniac when it came to home magazines. Honestly, I don't even want to speculate about how much of my "slush $$" went to these circulars....it got so bad at one point that I even purchased the same magazine issue twice! (Hanging my head in shame) Yes, I knew at the time that it was overboard.

Over time, I realized that my head was getting just too jumbled with all the different ideas out there. So I took a breather to try and focus on our thoughts. I'm pleased to report that this week was the first in the last 3-4 months that I've looked at these magazines again.

And onto the scheduled programming...

So this morning while perusing through "100 Ideas for Outdoor Decor" (but of course!), I came across these cool modular deck tiles
. For a 6x6 foot area, you can install these teak and Brazilian hardwood floors for $60, and they are not permanent. You can even get them in slip-proof finishes. Pretty cool. I don't have any place specifically in mind where we could use something like this, but we have a few outside terraces, so I think that I might file this one away for a rainy day!

No comments: