Friday, February 9, 2007

Falling in love with a stairwell?

Just curious...what does this image make you think of? For me, I think of lazy Sundays curled up with a good book. Mmmm... After longing to be in the photo for sometime now (yes, I really am that crazy), I've come to realize that its the large windows that give me the ethereal, yet cozy feel.

We didn't really have the opportunity for a room along these lines, but I showed it to our architect anyway. Am I ever glad that I did! He was able to use this image to design large windows on our staircase. Now, they aren't exactly the same, nor can we fit gorgeous chairs in our stairwell, but they are really beautiful standing at 11 feet tall.

To be honest, these windows have received more compliments than anything else in the house so far. And from the outside, they would look absolutely beautiful with a large chandelier hanging within. I'm so pleased that this inspiration photo didn't make it to the bin.

And for those that come to visit us in Cayman, I apologize in advance if you trip over me...I very well may be spending my Sunday mornings reading a book right there on those stairs.

No comments: