Friday, February 16, 2007

The daily victories

I'm quickly coming to realize that you have to celebrate the small, daily victories that take place in building a home. It's just simply too overwhelming to consider the entire project, so why not celebrate the small decisions and construction feats. At least this is what I tell myself.

Recently Mr. Big and I have been trying to decide on our roof tiles. We both agreed on Mediterranean tiles, but there is a wide variety to choose from. Red, salmon, salt and pepper, glossy green (blech)...you name it, they make it. There are five homes currently under construction which showcase the tiles offered locally. The picture doesn't do them justice, but voila:


We went back and forth between the second (my favorite) and last (Mr. Bigs favorite) for ages (as in we've probably been out there more than six times to try and decide). On Wednesday, we did our last "drive by" and all of a sudden Mr. Big preferred the second house...FAB. Except now I liked the first house. Huh? (And yes, I was even frustrating myself...)

This morning it was time to pull the trigger, and after being completely frozen on this decision for two days, I ventured to the roof supplier to get their suggestion. Well, am I ever glad that I did! A new 2007 color line was introduced (who knew that roofs had model years?), which had all of the elements that we were looking for. I didn't even need to consult Mr. Big because I just knew that he would be thrilled.

So ladies and gentlemen, I present to you our roof choice...the beauty of all beauties (in our eyes at least).


I felt like doing a little happy dance when I left the offices. One more decision down the drain! (P.S. Mr. Big loved the new tiles)

No comments: