Friday, September 12, 2008

Home sweet home

Two and a half weeks of vacation just thrilled us with visits to Santorini, Athens, Istanbul and a cruise of the Black Sea. Wow. We saw places, buildings, and ruins that were simply unforgettable. And we learned so much about different cultures. I look forward to sharing with you over the upcoming few days and weeks. This was truly a vacation to grow on...

...but I'm glad to be home. For the first time since I can remember, I was eagerly anticipating our return. Really seeking the comfort of our little life. Maybe it was the little pup or the new house or perhaps a curiosity about how much our grass had grown ? (The question did cross my mind) Whatever it was (and no disrespect to the amazing places that we visited), I was so happy to run through our front door yesterday. I suppose that is a good sign.

Just to give give you all a quick taste, buckle your seat belts as we travel to Oia, Santorini in the Greek Isles. Because the rest of our hotels on the trip were free via miles, we splurged and stayed at the new Mystique resort.

Believe it or not, that is not a stock photo. It's so beautiful there that even amateurs can get this.

View from the bathroom...no joke.

Two very happy friends.

Okay, enough about the views. Onto the incredible decor of Mystique. The moment I arrived, I was certain that I had died and gone to heaven. The entire resort was done in neutral creams, whites, embroidery...and driftwood! Bits of modern mixed in with natural and casual. And styled so perfectly...so simply. Well, for my taste anyway.

Bathroom

Cool driftwood lamps everywhere

Gorgeous textiles

It may look plain here, but it was so serene in person

And one last pretty to sigh to together. Heaven.


No comments: