Saturday, September 20, 2008

Freshening up your work space

Two years ago when I moved into a new office at work, the blank boring walls were almost as bad as spending an entire day indoors. I just had to create a feeling in my office, so I found four Steven Meyers images to (attempt to) keep a calm and fresh atmosphere. And I put some of those fragrance infusers in a corner so that my office didn't get that musty Caribbean smell to it. Some people thought I was crazy, but hey, I spend enough time there...



It looks nice, but after two years, a little more might be in store. I've been thinking about introducing some more plants and came across these gorgeous planters this morning.

I loved this the minute it flashed across Ruby Rooms website. Unusual, light, funky, so cool. After further research, this is sold only by Ligne Roset. Of course it is. Why would this be available for commoners?


And this modern planter box was featured on freshome.com. Unfortunately, it's not clear what the price is or who carries it.

Well, it looks like I'm headed out to the nurseries to see what is available locally. I'm pretty determined to show that I can create something like this...


...for less around 5% of it's $1,700 price tag. Yes, you read that right. Seriously, what has this world come to?

How do you keep your not-at-home office space looking fresh? And do you get comments on it?

No comments: