Saturday, October 27, 2007

What's going on?

There hasn't been much activity on here recently because Mr. Big and I were traveling for the past two weeks. We spent a day power shopping in San Francisco (okay Mr. Big was in the sports bar and I was shopping...), four days in our favorite spot Sonoma (Mr. Big shopped there...), and then celebrated the wedding of this fantastic couple for five days in Huntington Beach. I'll spare you the chick-flick rundown (that we all know I could put you through), but will summarize that it was an amazing time. Congrats guys!

My wonderful new sister and always-entertaining (and very lucky) brother

During our trip, my eyes were wide open for different decorating inspirations. We stayed at the Huntington Beach Hyatt Regency, which absolutely solidified that we made the right choice sticking with white as an exterior color. But most of all, Hotel Healdsburg once again had my head spinning with beautiful neutral color schemes and gorgeous paintings from one of my favorite artists Wade Hoefer.


It frightens me to think of what I would do to get my hands on one of his pieces (Mr. Big shudders in the background). They perfectly capture Sonoma for me. Probably not ironically, his artwork also adorns the label of one of my favorite wines, Bella Vineyards Lily Hill Zin. Mmmm...

So there you go...it's been quiet in here because we've been away. But a lot is taking place on the house and we'll get updates coming starting later today!

No comments: